HOW TO REGISTER
Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Once a program has filled, a wait list is formed.
To help our camp directors and counselors prepare for their camp, online registration closes at 9am each Friday for the upcoming camp session. Late registrations will be accepted in person on the first day of camp only, on a space-available basis.
- Click on Register NOW and log into your account (returning family) or create a new account
- Complete and submit the online Registration Form
- Full payment is due at the time of registration
- Once we receive your registration and payment, your camper will be officially enrolled in the selected programs(s)
- An enrollment confirmation will be emailed to you; you may also access your CampInTouch account at any time and click on Camper Information to verify programs and dates.
Summer at Providence Day offers early morning and late afternoon care for campers in rising grades TK-8 through our Extended Care program. Our staff will ensure your child begins and ends the day with fun, safe, age-appropriate activities. Healthy snacks, lots of activity choices (games, crafts, books, outdoor play), and close supervision are hallmarks of this program. Registration for Extended Care is online through your CampInTouch registration account.
Before Care: We open our doors at 7 a.m. and welcome campers to start their day with us. Our staff will walk campers to their 9:00 camp.
After Care: Camp counselors will bring children back to After Care at 4 p.m. where they will enjoy a snack and supervised activity and/or play time. Final pick-up is 6 p.m. Be aware a late fee will be incurred for pick up after 6 p.m.
If you require both Before Care AND After Care, you should register for Complete Care. This includes both services and provides a $10 discount.
If your child is enrolled in ONE half-day camp and wishes to lunch with us, register for the corresponding Lunch Session in your registration account. No need to remember a lunchbox or money! Campers receive a delicious lunch through Flik Dining as well as the caring supervision of our Extended Care professionals. A printable lunch menu can be found in the Camp Dining section.
Campers who enroll in TWO HALF-DAY camps or a FULL-DAY camp receive lunch at no charge!
We know life can throw a wrench in your plans sometimes, and our Drop-In Care is here to help. You may bring your child to Extended Care during normal operating hours for an hourly charge of $15/hour for any portion of the hour. For example, arrival prior to 8 am or pick-up after 5 pm will be charged for two hours ($30).
Drop-In Lunch runs from 12-1 pm, and pick-up takes place at 1 pm in the Carpool Loop (Ferryboat).
Here is a complete summary of Extended Care services:
|Before Care||$80/Session||7-9 am|
|After Care||$80/Session||4-6 pm|
|Complete Care (includes Before and After Care)||$150/Session||see above|
|Lunch (half-day campers only; includes lunch and supervision)||$50/Session||12-1 pm|
|Drop-In Care||$15/hour||see above|
|Late Pick-up Fee||$1/minute||after 6 pm|
- Are camps open to the general public?
- How old does my child need to be to attend camp?
- Do you have a registration deadline?
- When is payment due?
- Is a doctor’s physical exam required?
- What happens if a camp is cancelled?
- Is lunch included with camp?
- Are snacks and beverages included?
- What if my child doesn’t like the food or has food allergies?
- My child’s camp is going on a field trip; should I pack a lunch?
- Where do I drop off and pick up my camper?
- Who can pick up my camper?
- What if I’m late for pick-up or have an emergency situation?
- What kind of vehicles are used for field trips?
- Can I use the Lansdowne neighborhood entrance to access camp?
- What is Thor Guard, and how does it affect my camper?
Online registration closes each week for the upcoming session on Friday at 9am. Late registrations will be accepted in person on the first day of camp only, on a space-available basis. We recommend checking with the Summer office for program availability. Please have all information needed for registration, including emergency contacts and your child's health history.
Lunch by Flik Dining is included in your tuition for campers who are enrolled in a FULL DAY of programs, unless specified otherwise. This includes registering for full-day camps as well as TWO half-day camps in the same session. If your child is registering for only ONE half-day camp, lunch is not included. However, you may purchase lunch at the time of registration; look for the appropriate Lunch Session in the Additional Options section of the online camper registration form. A summer lunch menu is located in the Camp Dining section for your convenience.
Yes, snacks are included with your tuition for both full-day AND half-day camps as well as PD Academy courses. Some exceptions apply and are noted in the program description. For example, campers in cooking programs will eat the food they prepare.
No more remembering to send snacks or money to purchase! Plain and flavored water is also available, although we recommend every camper bring a labeled water bottle each day. The Dining Hall keeps a hydration station open for campers throughout the day. Examples of the snacks that may be offered include fresh fruit, breakfast breads, yogurt, or popcorn.
Unless otherwise directed in the program description, drop off and pick up your camper at the following locations according to his or her program. Signs on campus will provide direction.
- Carpool Loop (aka the “ferryboat”): Specialty Camps
- Mosack Athletic Center (MAC): Camp Chargers and Physical Education/Health courses
- Levin Extended Day House: Charger Chill Day Camp
- Dining Hall Annex: Extended Care
- Upper Deck: PD Academy courses
Check the camp description for exceptions to drop-off locations. Click here for a campus map and note that the Levin Extended Day House has a separate entrance drive and is not accessible through the main entrance.
If someone other than the child's parents/guardians are picking up (such as grandparents or neighbors), you must specify Authorized Grown-ups by completing the corresponding form located in your CampInTouch account. You can update this at any time.
Drop-in Care to the rescue! Unexpected things happen, and you can utilize Drop-in at $15/hour for Before or After Care, or even Lunch. If your camper has not been picked up within 10 minutes of the end of camp, we’ll make sure they’re escorted to the Dining Hall Annex and their needs are met. Please call Extended Care at 704-887-6043 to let them know your estimated time of arrival.
Thor Guard Lightning Detection System is used to warn the campus community of lightning danger within close proximity of campus. In the event that the alarm sounds, all campers will take shelter indoors until the all-clear is sounded. If this occurs during carpool, your camper will remain indoors near the normal pick-up location. You are welcome to come inside to pick up your camper.
We adhere strictly to the following policies which are included in your registration. Submitting a Camper Registration Form indicates your acceptance of these terms. The Director of Summer Programs reserves the right to interpret the policies as necessary based on available information.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Once a program has filled, a wait list is formed for that specific program and session.
- A non-refundable $25 registration fee applies once per family per season.
- Online registration closes each Friday at 9:00 am for the upcoming camp session.
- Late registration may be made in person on the first day of camp only, on a space-available basis. The Summer Programs office is located in the Thompson-Jones Library. Please be prepared to complete all information, including a health history.
- All camp fees must be paid at the time of registration. Any services or items purchased after the initial registration will be charged to the card on file.
- Program cancellation and refunds may be made up to 14 days prior to the start of camp. All requests must be in writing to the Summer Programs office at email@example.com. A $50 fee will be assessed for any refund.
- No refunds for any reason will be issued within 14 days of the start of camp.
- Any camp changes or substitutions must be approved by the Director. If approved, a $10 fee will be incurred.
- Due to fixed costs and expenditures based on definite enrollment, no refund or reduction will be made for arriving late or leaving early. Camp fees may not be prorated.
- A Late Pick-up Fee of $1 per minute will be incurred after 6 pm for campers utilizing Extended Care.
- Lunch is provided for all full-day campers and those enrolled in two half-day camps in the same session. In addition, snacks are provided for all camps and courses except Session 10. Campers are welcome to provide their own lunch or snacks based on preference or dietary restrictions. Camp fees will not be prorated for campers who provide their own meals or snacks.
- It is the parents' responsibility to bring any special concerns about their child to the Director's attention at the time of registration.
- Attendance is required in academic credit courses. A student who misses more than two days in a full-credit course or more than one day in a half-credit courses will not receive the credit.
- Providence Day Summer Programs is not responsible for a camper's personal belongings, including articles of clothing, that may become lost or damaged at camp. It is highly recommended that campers leave valuable items at home and label all belongings with their complete name. A Lost & Found bin is maintained by Extended Care.
- Providence Day Summer Programs strives to offer a camp experience and opportunities for learning within the boundaries of safety, common sense, and municipal regulations. We reserve the right to terminate the participation of any camper, without refund and without formal hearing, who has violated the conditions for participation or has become a hindrance to the group or goals of the program. It is acknowledged, understood and agreed that the decision of the Director of Summer Programs shall be final and binding.
- Campers images may be used by Providence Day School for marketing purposes on its website, in other school-related digital platforms, and in print materials.
- Providence Day School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, gender or gender identity in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies or any other programs.