Summer at Providence Day offers early morning and late afternoon care for campers in rising grades TK-8 through our Extended Care program. Our staff will ensure your child begins and ends the day with fun, safe, age-appropriate activities. Healthy snacks, lots of activity choices (games, crafts, books, outdoor play), and close supervision are hallmarks of this program. Registration for Extended Care is online through your CampInTouch registration account.
Before Care begins at 7am. Staff will walk campers to their first camp. Camp counselors will bring children back to After Care at 4 pm where they will enjoy a snack and supervised activity and/or play time. Final pick-up is 6 pm. Be aware a late fee will be incurred for pick up after 6 pm. If you require both Before Care AND After Care, you should register for Complete Care. This includes both services and provides a $10 discount.
This Extended Care service provides lunchtime supervision of half-day campers choosing to eat lunch on campus. No need to remember a lunchbox or money!
Please note that ALL-DAY campers receive lunch automatically; no need to register for Lunch. This includes Full-Day campers as well as campers choosing TWO Half-Day camps in the same session.
We know life can throw a wrench in your plans sometimes, and our Drop-in Care is here to help. You may bring your child to Extended Care during normal operating hours for an hourly charge.
- Are camps open to the general public?
- How old does my child need to be to attend camp?
- Do you have a registration deadline?
- When is payment due?
- Is a doctor’s physical exam required?
- What happens if a camp is cancelled?
- Is lunch included with camp?
- Are snacks and beverages included?
- What if my child doesn’t like the food or has food allergies?
- My child’s camp is going on a field trip; should I pack a lunch?
- Where do I drop off and pick up my camper?
- Who can pick up my camper?
- What if I’m late for pick-up or have an emergency situation?
- What kind of vehicles are used for field trips?
- Can I use the Lansdowne neighborhood entrance to access camp?
- What is Thor Guard, and how does it affect my camper?
- Problem with Register Now! link?
Lunch by Flik Dining is included in your tuition for campers who are enrolled in a FULL DAY of programs, unless specified otherwise. This includes registering for full-day camps as well as TWO half-day camps in the same session. If your child is registering for only ONE half-day camp, lunch is not included. However, you may purchase lunch at the time of registration; look for the appropriate Lunch Session in the Extended Care section of the application. A summer lunch menu is located in the Camp Dining section for your convenience.
Yes, snacks are included in ALL camps, both full-day AND half-day, as well as PD Academy students. No more remembering to send snacks or money to purchase! Plain and flavored water is also available, although we recommend every camper bring a labeled water bottle each day. The Dining Hall keeps a hydration station open for campers throughout the day. Examples of the snacks that may be offered include fresh fruit, breakfast bars, yogurt, or Goldfish crackers.
Unless otherwise directed in the program description, drop off and pick up your camper at the following locations according to his or her program. Signs on campus will provide direction.
- Carpool Loop (aka the “ferryboat”): Specialty Camps
- Mosack Athletic Center (MAC): Camp Chargers and Physical Education/Health courses
- Levin Extended Day House: Charger Chill Day Camp
- Dining Hall Annex: Extended Care
- Upper Deck: PD Academy courses
Check the camp description for exceptions to drop-off locations. Click here for a campus map and note that the Levin Extended Day House has a separate entrance drive and is not accessible through the main entrance.
Drop-in Care to the rescue! Unexpected things happen, and you can utilize Drop-in at $15/hour for Before or After Care, or even Lunch. If your camper has not been picked up within 10 minutes of the end of camp, we’ll make sure they’re escorted to the Dining Hall Annex and their needs are met. Please call Extended Care at 704-887-6043 to let them know your estimated time of arrival.
Thor Guard Lightning Detection System is used to warn the campus community of lightning danger within close proximity of campus. In the event that the alarm sounds, all campers will take shelter indoors until the all-clear is sounded. If this occurs during carpool, your camper will remain indoors. You are welcome to come inside to pick up your camper.
We adhere strictly to the following policies which are included in your registration. Submitting an application indicates your acceptance of these terms. The Director of Summer Programs reserves the right to interpret the policies as necessary based on available information. Any update to these policies will be published prior to the start of registration for 2019.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Once a session has filled, a wait list is formed for that specific program and session.
- Registration closes each Friday at 9:00 am for the following camp session.
- All camp fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- A non-refundable $25 application fee applies once per family per season.
- Program cancellation and/or substitution may be made up to 14 days prior to the start of camp. All requests must be in writing to the Summer Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org. A $25 fee will be assessed for any refund.
- No refunds for any reason will be issued within 14 days of the start of camp.
- Due to fixed costs and expenditures based on definite enrollment, no refund or reduction will be made for arriving late or leaving early. Camp fees may not be prorated.
- A Late Pick-up Fee of $1 per minute will be incurred after 6 pm for campers utilizing Extended Care.
- Lunch is provided for all full-day campers and those enrolled in two half-day camps in the same session. In addition, snacks are provided for all camps and courses during Sessions 1-9. Campers are welcome to provide their own lunch or snacks based on preference or dietary restrictions. Camp fees will not be prorated for campers who provide their own meals or snacks.
- The required Health Form must be completed prior to the start of camp. It is the parents' responsibility to bring any special concerns about their child to the Director's attention at the time of initial registration.
- Attendance is required in academic credit courses. A student who misses more than two days in a full-credit course or more than one day in a half-credit course will not receive the credit.
- Providence Day Summer Programs is not responsible for a camper's personal belongings, including articles of clothing, that may become lost or damaged at camp. It is highly recommended that campers leave valuable items at home and label all belongings with their complete name. A Lost & Found bin is maintained by Extended Care.
- Providence Day Summer Programs strives to offer a camp experience and opportunities for learning within the boundaries of safety, common sense, and municipal regulations. We reserve the right to terminate the participation of any camper, without refund and without formal hearing, who has violated the conditions for participation or has become a hindrance to the group or goals of the program. It is acknowledged, understood and agreed that the decision of the Director of Summer Programs shall be final and binding.
- Camper images may be used by Providence Day School for marketing purposes on its website, in other school-related digital platforms, and in print materials.
- Providence Day School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, gender or gender identity in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies or any other programs.