COVID-19 Policies & Procedures for Campers, Families, and Staff Summer 2020
Staff and Facilities:
● Staff will practice social distancing and wear face coverings.
● All high-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
● Only materials that can be cleaned and sanitized will be in use, and item sharing will be limited.
● Each indoor camp space will be cleaned at the end of each session.
● Parents must complete a Summer Camp COVID-19 Risk Release Form prior to camp.
● Parents must screen children daily for symptoms including fever, chills, cough, headache, fatigue, nausea, or diarrhea, and complete a Daily Health Form. A complete list of symptoms is available on the CDC website.
● Drop-off and pick-up procedures will be conducted via vehicle ONLY. Detailed carpool instructions will be sent to registered families prior to each camp.
● Campers will be spaced 6 feet apart for activities, including meals and snacks.
● Outdoor times will be staggered.
● No large group activities will be planned, and time standing in line will be minimized.
● Wearing of face coverings will be required for all campers.
● Lunches and snacks will be provided in single-serve boxes, and beverages will be in individual bottles. Campers are encouraged to bring their own labeled water bottles to camp.
● Water fountains that are equipped with a hands-free hydration station may be used to refill water bottles.
● Frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds will be required before entering a classroom, before meals or snacks, after outside time, after using the restroom, and prior to leaving for home.
● If soap and water are not readily available, all camps will have available hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
● Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 may not enter camp. If symptoms develop during camp, the person will be immediately isolated until he or she can leave campus.
● Campers, families, and staff will be reminded to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
As COVID-19 information evolves, we will make modifications to our policies, as warranted.